Butternut squash for 59 cents at Aldi?! Clearly, fall is here!
Butternut squash + turkey hash
- butternut squash
- ~3 oz lean ground turkey (mine is 93/7)
- oil (I used both EVOO and canola)
- cinnamon, salt, any other seasonings optional
- Cut butternut squash into large chunks and microwave face down with a small amount of water to steam. I overcooked mine…best idea is to do it for 4-5 minutes so it’s not completely cooked, then cut into bite-size chunks.
- Coat a pan with EVOO on medium heat, sauteeing diced onion and butternut squash until the onion is mostly translucent.
- Add the rest of your oil (here’s where I used canola), throw in the turkey (crumbled up) and spinach until the turkey is cooked through and the spinach is wilted.
- Turn heat up to medium to crisp it up a little and add a couple big shakes of cinnamon and salt to taste.
Happy fall! :)