I have a GIANT bag of potatoes in my kitchen that I’m trying to keep from going bad. I love shredding them for hash browns and just frying a couple eggs to go on top, but that meal is starting to get boring, so tonight for dinner I decided to mix it up…
Salmon rosti (fish cakes)
- about 1/3 cup of canned salmon (mine is wild pink salmon)
- 1 cup shredded potatoes
- 1 egg
- Dijon mustard, salt, pepper
- oil or fat of choice (I used canola oil with a pat of butter)
- ketchup (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes and salmon together and crack in an egg to bind the whole thing into a batter.
- Add in a generous squirt of Dijon and salt and pepper (you can err on the side of seasoning too little because you can always add more when it’s cooked).
- Heat a pan on medium and add in oil/butter, then add potato/salmon/egg mixture.
- Let it cook until edges are browned and you can flip it in small sections to create several little cakes.
- Once the other side is browned, you’re good to go!
- Serve with ketchup if you want. I also steamed some broccoli on the side and added salt and pepper to everything.