I make a huge pot of dried beans every week to eat in my lunches and dinners. Endless possibilities, but sometimes I get in a rut and just eat the beans straight along with corn tortillas (another staple for me). Today, since I’m off from work, I stepped up my game a little…
Dijon bacon + beans
- 1/2 cup cooked pinto beans (I used cooked dried ones but canned are fine)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp of crumbled or chopped bacon (probably equivalent of 1 strip)
- Dijon mustard
- 2 corn tortillas (optional)
- Microwave or heat in a pan: beans, spinach and bacon.
- Add in a squirt of Dijon and heat again til warm. Stir it all together.
- Serve with corn tortillas on the side!
Super, super easy and tasty. Another great idea would be to add a little brown sugar or maple syrup to make these more “baked beans” flavor. The bacon I used was already crumbled so it had a little brown sugar in it. And while I am an advocate of bacon in everything, it can easily be left out if you don’t eat or like bacon!