I’ve been super into “cake in a mug” recipes lately. It’s easy, quick, microwaveable and it means there’s no way I’ll accidentally eat a whole cake! Plus, since I don’t really eat gluten anymore, I don’t think a whole gluten-free cake would be that appealing. So I give you tonight’s creation…
Coconut mug cake + PB “frosting”
- 3 T coconut flour
- 2 T brown sugar
- shake of baking powder
- 1 egg
- couple splashes of almond milk
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp cream cheese
- spoonful of maple syrup
- Mix coconut flour, sugar, baking powder, egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Grease or spray a small mug or jar and pour batter in. Microwave on full power for about 1:30-2:00.
- Slide it out of container and onto a plate–there’s your cake part!
- In a separate container, mix the peanut butter, cream cheese and maple syrup. You could also use Greek yogurt! That’s your frosting. :)