Came home from work feeling super hungry and very unmotivated to cook. I even told my dad on the phone that I thought making eggs sounded like too much work! He asked if I had any zucchini, which I did. I’ve been eating it raw all week (it’s one of the veggies that makes me gag if I eat too much of it raw). His suggestion…
Zucchini Pancake + Eggs
- zucchini (I used about 2/3 of a normal-sized one)
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 T flour (I used gluten-free, but normal works fine too!)
- salt, pepper
- baking powder
- oil or butter (or both)
- Grate zucchini into a bowl (probably about 2/3 cup, but any amount will do.)
- Add salt, pepper, a small amount (1/2 tsp?) baking powder, ONE of the eggs, and the flour. Stir into a batter.
- Pour a small amount of oil or butter into the pan (I used canola to coat the pan and a pat of butter for flavor). Add zucchini pancake batter. Cook on medium-high. Edges will start to brown.
- Eventually, once it’s solid enough that you can run your spatula under the edges, flip one end of the pancake onto the other — like folding an omelet. In the empty space, add another pat of butter and crack in your second egg. Let both cook on medium heat until done.
- Pop ’em onto a plate, add ketchup or whatever…and eat!
Ideally, I would have added in some Romano or Parmesan cheese to the pancake batter, but I didn’t have any. Cheddar or a strong cheese would be great too, or even Gruyere…but let’s be honest, ain’t nobody got money for that. ;)